Today we discovered some interesting facts about natural disasters.
Did you know…
* The earthquake off Indonesia on Boxing Day in 2004 measured 9.1 on the Richter scale?
* 78 million people in Asia were affected by natural disasters in 2012?
* China has had the world’s deadliest famine, killing 30 million people?
* A severe tropical cyclone can have a sustained wind speed of 170km/h in the centre?
* Natural disasters affect people in different ways. Click HERE to listen to how drought has affected three children.
Click HERE to watch a video about tsunamis (you can also just say ‘tsunami’ for the plural form too). The word tsunami is a Japanese word. ‘Tsu’ means ‘harbour’ and ‘nami’ means wave.
This week for Flipped Homework we have to watch the clip, write two interesting facts and ask one question in a comment on this post.