Exciting News!

Just over a week ago we were honoured to discover that Mrs Monaghan and A Room with a View in England and Mrs Todd and her Going Global students in America nominated our blog for ‘Best Class Blog’ in the Edublog Awards.  The shortlists have just been announced…and we’ve been shortlisted

Voting is open until Wednesday 18th December.

If you are under 13, please CLICK HERE to vote for ‘5/6JC @ UPPS’ for Best Class Blog. Please vote EVERY DAY! 

People over 13 have to vote using a new tool called Link.ly.  CLICK HERE.  Scroll down until you find ‘5/6JC @ UPPS’ and click on the ^ button to ‘vote up.’  You can vote for more than one blog in the category.   Mrs Monaghan and A Room with a View have  made it on to the shortlist too so you could vote for them as well.

We also have four UPPS student blogs that have been shortlisted!  To vote for Chelsea’s Blog, Eve’s Everything Blog, Roma’s Round Up or Welcome to Daniel’s Blog CLICK HERE.  You can only vote for one blog per day BUT you can vote every day until Wednesday 18th December.  This is the first time we have had student blogs shortlisted.  There were hundreds nominated and only a small amount that made it onto the shortlist.  Congratulations Chelsea, Eve, Roma and Daniel!

We’re also happy to announce that Mrs Monaghan and Class 2  have been shortlisted in the ‘Most Influential Blog Post’ category too.  CLICK HERE to vote for their post; Kids Microadventure.

What do you think makes a great blog?

Do you have any tips to improve our blogs?

6 thoughts on “Exciting News!

1. Hi everyone,

What exciting news! Great job 5/6JC!

Just one question, how do you vote? When I press the ‘vote up’ button it doesn’t do anything. Do I need to go to the Eduawards website because I that as well and it didn’t word either.

Overall, it is going to be interesting to see the votes live and what/ who people are voting for. 🙂

Hope you can fix this problem as soon as possible (or ASAP!!!)

Happy Blogging! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Chelsea

• Hi Chelsea,

Yes, it is very exciting news!

There is now a new link for students to vote for Best Class Blog. You can vote every day. Here’s the link to vote: http://polldaddy.com/poll/7625744/

Did you also know that your blog has been shortlisted in Best Student Blog? Congratulations!! Here’s the link to vote: http://polldaddy.com/poll/7623014/ You can vote once per day until Wednesday 18th December.

The live voting is only for people over 13 years of age so I have taken that link of our blog. Parents can find it on the School Facebook page. Students can vote using the Polldaddy Poll that has been set up.

Good luck!

Miss Crowther 🙂

2. Students and Miss Crowther,
    Congratulations on being short listed on your wonderful blogging projects this year! Good luck .

• Thanks Mrs Todd! It is exciting to make it onto the shortlist. Now the voting fun begins! Thanks for nominating us in the first place!

3. Hi 5/6 JC,

It is great that you have been short listed so everyone can vote. I have been voting a lot for differnt blogs. I hope your class win and room 2 with a view. There are a lot of blogs to vote for and it is amazing how many. There must be a lot in all the catorgries. I will vote every day. I hope you win or come 2nd or 3rd. I hope my class wins as well.

It was great last year that we came fourth that was a great achievement. I hope you even get a better achievement 1st, 2nd or 3rd. I also have voted for the student blogs but I won’t tell which blog or class blogs.

I have my own blog it would have been great if I got short listed. Good luck to everyone. I wonder how many votes you will get and my class? I hope everyone votes and gets a chance to win. It would be great if you win it this year and next year. Every vote counts. It could just be won by one little vote that could make you or class win.

I think a tip is to write a post that is interesting and long so the reader won’t get bored or not type a comment. Also friends and people around the world is great because there will always be someone to talk to. Blogs are great for everyone because you get to meet new people and maybe get the best blog in the world.

I hope road runners and room with a view wins as well or come in a good spot. It would be great for them to win. Good luck to the student bloggers that got nominated and now are short listed. Everyone is going to be happy if we win or come in a good spot because it is great to be 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 5th.

Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!

Bye for now

From Brent

• Hi Brent,

Thanks for such a great comment! I agree, it is great that we have made it through onto the short list. Thanks for voting for us!

I think it is really nice that you have wished everyone good luck. Mrs Monaghan and Mrs Todd have wonderful blogs so it would be nice for them to win their categories.

Perhaps next year your blog will be short listed. You have done a sensational job with your blog this year, especially as you have only had it for six months.

Happy voting!

Miss Crowther 🙂