Daniel’s 100 Word Challenge – Week #10

This is Daniel’s 100 word challenge entry for Week 10

The Man in the Lake

When I was walking home from school I saw two legs poking up out of the lake. The legs were wearing denim jeans and gumboots. It was strange, but I kept on walking. When I got home I had my dinner and went straight to bed. The next morning I got up at 6:00, got ready for school and headed off to the lake. The man was still there. Even though he’d most likely be dead, I decided to pull him out anyway. He was very light. It was understandable though because he wasn’t a man, he was a scare-crow!

What do you think could happen next in the story?

8 thoughts on “Daniel’s 100 Word Challenge – Week #10

1. I am intrigued Daniel. Very creative. I wonder if the scarecrow could be part of a plot to lure you into a trap! Maybe someone is watching you and will know you will try to find out who had buried the scarecrow upsidedown! Perhaps there will be other objects placed in weird positions as the day progresses.

Mmmm.
    Mrs Laffan

2. Hello Daniel,

I love the idea of it being a scarecrow! What made you think of it?

Mrs Laffan’s idea about the scarecrow being a trap is a great idea. I wonder if the scarecrow comes to life? Maybe scarecrows can hold their breath underwater, or breathe like mermaids. Perhaps it is a mercrow?!

Well written!

Miss Crowther 🙂

• Hi Miss Crowther,

I agree that maybe the scarecrow will come back to life.

To make a connection with Mrs Laffan’s idea, maybe then, the scarecrow hands him a map of the lake and the boy has to find all the weird objects in there. If he runs out of time, what do you think would happen?

Happy Blogging! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Chelsea

• Hi Chelsea,

That’s a great idea about the scarecrow giving the boy a map of the lake to find all the weird objects. Perhaps if the boy doesn’t find them in time he becomes a scarecrow too? And if he does find them in time the scarecrow becomes a boy. Maybe he is only a scarecrow because of some weird curse? What do you think would happen if didn’t find all the objects in time?

Happy blogging to you too!

Miss Crowther 🙂

3. What up Daniel, my name is Dan. I really like your blog post. If you want to check out mine, go to Dan the Mans place. I got loads of stuff. Anyway, yeah I really like it and others will too.

4. Hi Daniel,

This was a very interesting piece of writing. I love that it was not actually a man in the lake but rather a scarecrow. It makes me wonder who put the scarecrow into the lake?
    Well Done.

Eleni (100WC Team)

5. Hi Daniel,

This is a lovely piece of writing! it is great for a reader from the UK to read words such as ‘gumboots’ as it really places where this is happening.

I think that the character in the story was really brave to go back to the boots the next day – I would have been terrified!

The ending wraps everything up really well too!

Great job!

Mrs Radd (Team 100 WC) 🙂

6. I think that the scarecrow will move everyday he walks past it until eventually the scarecrow will rise up and grab the boy and drown him in the water.

From Zach