Count Us In!

The title sounds like a numeracy blog post, doesn’t it?  But, it’s actually all about music!

Last week, more than 2150 schools and half a million kids sang the same song, at the same time. From Tullamarine to Tasmania, Adelaide to Albany and Uluru to Upper Plenty, everyone was singing ‘Keep On.’

Click the image, follow the link and listen to the song

Schools performed on beaches, shopping centres, classrooms and performing arts centres.  Why?  It was part all part of Count Us In, a celebration of music in Australian schools.

There was live streaming before and during the event.  You can click HERE to see it all unfold.

You can watch all the action in the video clip below.  As you will see, Count Us In was on the same day as Halloween and we were all dressed up as part of our Halloween – a – thon!

Have you ever been part of a performance?

What songs do you like to sing?

3 thoughts on “Count Us In!

1. How good was that?! It still blows me away how we can join people from all corners of the globe as if we are standing right next to them. Well done everyone, you sounded great!

2. Sounds like an interesting project. How old were most of the students? Some looked like they were in high school.

What are some favorite songs in your class? Do most of you like a certain artist?

3. Hi 5/6JC,

I had a great time joining in with the Count Us In celebration. I haven’t been in many performances but I have been in a few, I was in the candlelight Christmas performance when I was in grade three. Since then I haven’t really been into singing.

Bye for now
    Ethan