JSC Sports Day Fundraiser

The Junior School Council (JSC) organised a Sports Day Fundraiser for our whole school.  Everyone came in sports clothes, donated a gold coin, ate a delicious lunch and played games in the afternoon.  There were basketballers, footy players, horse riders, dancers, baseballers, golfers, netballers and many more sportsmen and women.

JSC organised and served a special lunch.

We ate lunch with our Prep buddies.

The JSC team ran an afternoon games session.

We played three games; Penguin Olympics, Bob Down Freeze and Corners.

Over $250 was raised and will be put into JSC’s bank account.  We usually have fundraisers for charities and donate the money rasied.  This time, the money will be used for something special at Upper Plenty.  Very soon, we will help decide how it should be spent.

We would like to thank JSC, Maggie, Mrs Laffan and the parents who cooked our lunch. Thank you!

What is your favourite sport?  Why?

How do you think we should spend our money?

Have you ever organised an event?  Tell us about it!

2 thoughts on “JSC Sports Day Fundraiser

1. I just want to congratulate the junior school council for their work with Maggie in oprganising yesterday’s events. The final count of the money raised was $644.50. Wow. I think the money should be spent on furnishing the passive recreation area or providing storage box seating in the gazebo that would house all of the lunchtime sport equipment. This idea was thought of by you and I think it is a great one.

Cheers
    Mrs Laffan

2. Hi everybody,

My favourite sport is basketball because it active, fun and shooting.

I think you should spend the money on sports equipment because everybody will have fun with it and it will help with physical fitness