City Camp

We’re back!! After four days and three nights in the city we reluctantly made our way back home. Camp was awesome!Β  We had a great time checking out Melbourne and some of its attractions, not to mention the trams and trains!

Camp got off to an interesting start when we found out our carriage hadn’t been added to the train. Not to worry, two coaches quickly arrived and we were soon on our way to Melbourne.

Our days and nights were filled with activities. We visited:
* The Immigration Mueseum
* Melbourne Aquarium
* Ice House (to go ice skating)
* Old Melbourne Gaol
* Eureka Skydeck
* Hoyts (we saw Despicable Me)
* Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre
* Melbourne Zoo
* Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)
* National Sports Museum
* Bowling & Arcade Games
* Queen Victoria Market
* Shrine of Remembrance

Unfortunately, IMAX and Melbourne Museum had an emergency situation on the day we were due to visit so we didn’t get to visit them. There were also some unexpected surprises when we found ourselves stopped on a tram due to a protest down the main street about Energy. We also saw a TV crew filming a famous Melbourne crime series.

Camp was a whole lot of fun and we would like to thank all the teachers and parents who came along to help us. A BIG thank you to you all!

What is your favourite place to visit in Melbourne?

Have you been on camp before?Β  Tell us about it!

14 thoughts on “City Camp

1. Welcome back campers! It sounds like you had an amazing, yet exhausting camp. The school was very quiet without you. My favourite place in Melbourne is the M.C.G. I love football and cricket and I always have a great time there. Even the parks around the M.C.G are great. I’m glad you got to go to the sports museum there. What did you enjoy there? Did you learn anything new? Do you think the M.C.G is the reason Melbourne is Australia’s sporting capital?

• Dear Miss Varker,

It is good to be back, but camp was amazing and I would not mind going back. The MCG is a cool place, and the tour was really good, so I know why it’s your favourite place in the city.

The sports museum was interesting and I enjoyed looking at the football area. I learnt that Carlton have won 16 finals (premierships) and Collingwood have won 15. πŸ™‚

Thanks for visting our blog πŸ™‚

That’s all for now, from Eula πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

2. Hey everyone,

City camp was awesome! Ice skating was slippery πŸ™‚ Eureka Sky Deck was so cool and when you went up to the edge the views were beautiful. The arcade games were really fun and so was bowling. We kept on photo bombing each others photos.They looked hilarious:)

City camp was awesome and I wish I could go there again. πŸ™‚

Happy blogging! πŸ™‚

Tanyshah! πŸ™‚

3. Hi everyone,

When we went to camp I liked the MCG and the zoo.

I had a really good time and I also liked the market. I bought lollies.

From Jarrad

4. Hi everyone!

Camp was so fun and exciting. My favourite part was going bowling and galactic circus!! The best part about bowling was that I won out of everyone!! Well, I came a draw with Hayden though anyway!!!

Bye for now
    Monique!!
    πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

5. Sup 5\6JC

My favourite place in Melbourne would have to be well, I don’t have a favourite place in Melbourne.

The first school camp I went on was at Lady Northcote and it was one of the best school camps because there was a giant swing.

bye bye {:[;{;[:

from Matthew

6. Camp was awesome!!!

I loved camp it was so fun! I loved the Eureka Skydeck and the movie. I couldn’t wait to come home and see my mum but I wanted to stay too!

Thank you Miss Crowther, Mr J and all the rest of the teachers.

From Paige

7. Hi 5/6 JC,

Our favourite thing was everything, but not sleeping. We have been on a camp remember!!!!! Camp was so fun we got to do everything.

Bye for now
    From Brent

8. Hey guys!!

Camp was awesome, don’t you reckon?!! We definitely thought it was!!

My favourite part was so hard to decide that I didn’t end up knowing what it was!! The least favuorite of mine was probably the Immigration Museum but every thing else was sooooooooooo RAD (cool)

Hayden’s favourite activuty was Crown because he liked the food, the bowling and the arcade games!

Hope you guys enjoyed camp!!

Got to go,
    Bailey and Hayden πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

9. Hi everyone,

I LOVED CAMP!!! It was so fun and I loved all of it. But, I liked ice skating, galactic circus and bowling the most.

Thank you everyone who hepled and all the teachers who organised camp.

From Zach

10. Hi everybody,

Yes, camp was sooooooo fun. I really enjoyed doing everything.

I can’t believe we did everything in four days.

From Laikyn πŸ™‚

• Hi Laikyn,

I am glad you had a great time on camp, so did I! I enjoyed everything, but I think my absolute favourite thing was ice skating. I had a ball. Bende and I didn’t want to stop! If you had to pick one thing as your favourite, what would it be?

It is hard to believe that we packed so much into four days – no wonder we were exhausted!

Miss Crowther πŸ™‚

11. Hi everybody,

My favourite part of camp was everything!

I have been at camp in Bacchus Marsh in Grade 2. It was the best camp of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We did… Well, I don’t really remember what I did!

From Aidan