Postcards

You may remember that our first Global Project for the year was Miss Leakey’s Postcard Project.  We each wrote a postcard to a class somewhere in the world.  Slowly but surely we started hearing from classes who had received our postcards…and we even heard from Miss Leakey! 

Below are some of the postcards and messages we have received.  Some postcards went on quite an adventure to reach their final destination! We still have our fingers crossed that we receive more replies. 

If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go?  Why?

Have you received anything in the post this week?

21 thoughts on “Postcards

1. If someone said to me today I will give you a plane ticket to one place in the world, where would you like to go it would be Ireland. I love the idea of the scenic countyside, the slower lifestyle of the small irish towns and the lovely little hotels with a fire place and some Irish music to listen to while I eat a warm Irish Stew! Mmmm sounds good hey!

I love the concept of the postcard project. Very creative!
    Mrs Laffan

• Hi Mrs Laffan,

Thank you for the reply. If I could visit any country in the world I would go to Canada because I love the snow and tall mountains there, the beautiful rivers that glitter everywhere and the sun shining. It would be awesome!

Happy blogging! 🙂

Chelsea

2. Dear 5/6 JC,
    We’re glad to see there that you got our postcard! This weekend we had visitors from France in Middleham, and they found it a very green and beautiful place. However, if I could go anywhere, I would choose somewhere I’ve never been… And being a Spanish speaker, I have always wanted to visit South America. But narrowing that down is difficult… Would it be the ancient ruins of Macchu Picchu, the rainforests of Brazil, or perhaps Lake Titicaca in Bolivia, the highest lake in the world? I am off to buy my lottery ticket right now…
    Dream big!
    Mrs Monaghan

• Dear Mrs Monaghan,

Thank you for your comment on our blog!

How great would it be to meet some French people? And you did it! It must of been very fun! Do you learn French at your school??? We used to learn Japanese and we have a visit from a Japanese school each year. We exchange gifts and try to speak the other school’s language!

I would love to go to Brazil to experience the GREAT rainforests too! My favourite movie is Rio, and ‘Rio’ is set in Brazil. I love the look of it and since the first time I saw the movie, I immediately wanted to go to Brazil. Hopefully I will go as a kid. But maybe as a Uni student.

Eve 5/6JC

3. Hello 5/6JC

Wow! How exciting to get postcards in the mail! If I could pick anywhere in the world to go I would pick the Greek Islands. I think they would be picture perfect and relaxing….plus it’s a little cold here at the moment so some natural warmth would be lovely. Where would you go?
    I haven’t recieved anything exciting in the mail this week. Fingers crossed for next week though, I love ‘snail mail’!

Mrs Placek

• Dear Mrs Placek,

I think that you chose a very good and interesting place that you would like to go, meaning the Greeks Islands.
      If I could go anywhere I would go to America. I think I would find America a very cool place to go for a holiday.

From Eula 🙂

P.S Thanks for your reply….

• Hi Eula,

Great pick, choosing America! I have been there before and it was amazing. I would like to go back because there are lots of places I would still like to see! It is hard to choose just one place, don’t you think? I would like to see and do so many things! This post about your postcards made me want to start planning my next holiday….and all the replies have given me lots of great ideas.

Bye for now
        Mrs Placek

• Dear Mrs Placek,

If I had to pick anywhere to go I would go to America beacuse I love how all the lights light up at night. America would be an awesome place to go for a holiday. I have not received anything this week. I am hopng to receive something next week.

From Madison

• Good choice Madison!

I haven’t received anything exciting in the mail this week, but last week I received a thank you card from a friend which was nice. Maybe I will get something next week. Do you send cards or letters in the post to anyone?

From Mrs Placek

4. Hi 5/6J
    Wow your postcards look fantastic!!! We had a vote and we thought we would like to go EVERYWHERE and see Everything!!!
    from your friends at Cambridge P.S

5. Hello,

If I could go anywhere in the world I would go to Italy or Africa because I want to see where my family culture is and where my Dad and his family grew up, same with my Mum’s family. I reckon Italy will be a really nice and beautiful place to explore from the pictures I’ve seen. In Africa I would probably try to make a difference for the starving children and see how they live compared to us.

Thank you for reading!

Yours truly,
    Tahlia
    5/6JC

6. Hi,

Writing the postcards was fun and I think kind of hard to think of an idea to write for a postcard.

from Trent

7. Hello 5/6JC,

This is Bradley and Trent speaking!

I would like to go to Scotland because that is where my family came from. (Bradley)
    I would like to go to Uluru because it’s famous to Australians and I have never been there from.(Trent)

By Trent and Bradley.

8. Hi 5/6JC,

The count down to camp is so AWESOME! It is a bit exciting to all of us. I wonder what we are going to do at camp this year?

From Scarlet and Natasha
    4/5P

9. Hello 5/6JC,

If I could go anywhere in the world it would be France because that was the second language I learnt to speak and my mum has been there and she says it is wonderful. Also for the bakeries, which have lots of sweet and savoury things! Also, I haven’t got anything in the mail this week.

Happy blogging!

Katherine from 5/6CS

• Hi Katherine,

Thanks for keeping in touch via the blog and leaving us some comments!

I am impressed that you can speak French. Does your Mum speak French too? I think it is important to be able to speak a second language and it opens so many doors and opportunities. I can speak a little bit of Japanese. However, because I haven’t spoken it for a few years I have forgotten some of it.

I think going to France sounds like an excellent idea. The bakeries sound terrific. Sometimes I buy a chocolate croissant at Baker’s Delight but the real French croissants would be even better. Do you have Baker’s Delight bakeries in Tasmania?

Au revoir!

Miss Crowther 🙂

10. Hello,

If I could go anywhere in the world I would go to Italy or Greece because that is my family’s backgrond and I could learn a few more words than I already know.

From Laikyn:)

11. Hi,

If I could visit any country in the world I think I would go to Brazil. I think Brazil would be an amazing place. Brazil plays lots of soccer and I love to play soccer and the pictures I have seen of Brazil are really beautiful and colourful. l’m not sure if Brazil actually looks like that though, so I’d like to see it for myself.

Thankyou for reading this comment.

From Sophie

12. Hi 5/6JC,

If I could go anywhere in the world I would go to America or England because in America I would buy a car cheaply and in England I would go to Hornby Model Train Shop to buy some trains, houses, cars and carriagse for my trains to pull.

From Aidan

• Hi Aidan,

I can imagine you finding yourself a good bargain in America. What type of car would you try to buy? I am guessing that it might have something to do with a Dodge Charger? I learnt a lot about them from reading your information report. What did you learn from your research?

Is Hornby Model Train Shop a very famous train shop in England? My cousin’s son likes trains and is building a massive movel train set at his house. I went ‘train’ shopping with them to buy more tracks. It’s pretty cool being in a train shop looking at all the different carriages and trains.

I’m sure that you will make it to America and England one day when you are older!

Miss Crowther 🙂