Two weeks ago the UPPS Friends and Family Group set a fundraising challenge for every class. For this fundraiser, they delivered an empty jar to each classroom. The challenge? To fill it with five cent coins!
Some facts about the five cent coin:(Source: Australian Government Royal Australian Mint website)
* It was introduced in February, 1966
* The echidna design was created by Stuart Devlin
* It has a mass of 2.83 grams
* Its diameter is 19.41mm
* No five cent coins were made in 1985 or 1986
* In 2008, over 200 million five cent coins were made!
We have been searching high and low for five cent coins. Lily might have a machine that makes them hidden at home because she has found so many! Our jar is almost full!! Soon we will need to empty it, count the coins and start again. The challenge ends in eight weeks.