iPads at Upper Plenty

Upper Plenty P.S now has ten iPads!! We are beyond excited and looking forward to using them in many different ways. The first app we used was Puppet Pals. Puppet Pals is a story telling app for iPhones, iPods and iPads.

We like using Puppet Pals because it is:

• Super easy to use
  • Perfect for all year levels
  • Used collaboratively or individually
  • Links to AUSVELS across curriculum areas
  • It’s FUN!

You can create a story with puppet characters or your own photos.  Choose from the backgrounds provided or use your own.

You get to move the characters around, change their size,  change your backgrounds and narrate the show.

Hopefully, we will be able to put some of our Puppet Pals creations on our blog soon!

Why do you like learning with technology?

What are some of your favourite apps? 

12 thoughts on “iPads at Upper Plenty

1. I have to say, I love my iPad and over time have loaded a heap of apps. I love using the photography apps like Photobooth and also creating cards and invitations with Craft Studio. There are some fab versions of children’s books which have interactive pages that I love too. I have more favourites but there are just too many to mention!

Wouldn’t it be awesome if you could come up with an idea to create an app and maybe one day become a millionaire?! 🙂

• Hi Liz,

Imagine what we did years ago before iPads were created? Can’t imagine it now!

Yes, I’d love to create an app. I wonder how I would spend the millions. Any ideas?

Miss Crowther

2. Dear Miss Crowther and class,
    How fantastic that you have got 10 i-pads for your class, you will love having them and playing with them, I am sure. Check out Educreations and also Comic Life which are interesting ways to record your learning, and Operation Math as a great fun Maths challenge game – totally addictive!
    I am really looking forward to seeing some of the work you do with them, and hopefully getting some good ideas from you, too!
    Have fun!
    Mrs Monaghan

• Hello Mrs Monaghan,

We are thoroughly enjoying the iPads. I have only used Educreations a little bit but it looks great! I haven’t heard of Operation Math so I will be off to the App Store in just a minute to check it out! Thanks for the tips. 🙂

Perhaps we can do an iPad project together?

Miss Crowther

3. Hi,

We like iPads and technology because we can learn new things and become bettter at using them. We like learning with technology because we can interact with other people (like on blogs). With iPads we touch the screen to use it (as well as iPods iPhones ect).

Some of the good apps we think we could use:
    – Times Tables
    and we don’t know any others, so yeah!

From Paige and Lily 🙂

Bye

• Hi Woody,

The iPads are great. I hope you have fun with the iPads. There’s lots of apps to use.

from Mitchell

4. HI 5/6JC

I do like learning with technology because there are more things to do that you can’t do in a class. My favourite app is Clash of the Clans but it’s not for school. It’s not bad, it is just not a learning game.

from Brodie

5. Hi,

I love the ipads. There are so many apps that are good for school, including whirly words, 4 pics 1 word, what pic is that?,hardest game ever 2 and that’s all that I can think of at the moment.

I like learning with technology because it’s fun when you learn while playing educational games. What spelling educational games do you like?

from Brodee

6. Hi 5/6JC,

This is Brian and Hayden here.

Brian’s favourite app on his iPad is BMX/motorcross videos. All you do on that app is watch BMX and motorcross videos.

Hayden’s favourite app on his iPad is Zombie Killing. Hayden likes it because you can drive a cars, trucks and army cars as well and drive though zombies.

bye for now
    Brian and Hayden
    4/5P