New Play Centre!

Whilst everyone is busy relaxing and enjoying their school holidays the new play equipment is being set up at school!

At the end of last year Mrs Laffan announced some exciting news.  She had organised for a new play centre to be donated to our school!   Russell, from The Royal Mail Hotel in Whittlesea, no longer needed it.  Things got even better when we learnt that not only were we getting a new piece of play equipment, but one that is made by the same company who build the McDonald’s play centres!

Under Construction

All things going well, it will be finished in time for the start of the school year.  If you eat at The Royal Mail Hotel remember to thank Russell for this brilliant new addition to the yard.

What/Where do you like to play during recess and lunch?

Have you built a cubby house or fort before?  What was it like?

9 thoughts on “New Play Centre!

• Hi Liz,

It sure is pretty awesome! Think I should test it out to make sure it is completely safe! Perhaps I could do yard duty from the helicopter with a megaphone? The view would be great!

Miss Crowther 🙂

• Hi Helen,

Thanks for visiting our blog and commenting. We hope it is the first of many!!

Yes, we are very lucky. It is all finished now, just waiting for someone to play on it. Might have to test it out before the children get back!

Miss Crowther 🙂

1. Hello and g’day to you all,
    That is a terrific looking playground you have. So much better than anything I remember from my days in primary school many, many years ago. We had very little play equipment or even grassed areas to play in. It was all asphalt and concrete. There was not even very much shade either. Do you have a shady area somewhere in your playground? How much time to you get to play on this great equipment at lunch and recess?

from Mrs S
    (Who this year will be running two blogs as she is spending time in two classes. The second blog is very new and is waiting impatiently for school to resume. 5/6 CS
    and 4/5DS)

• Hi Mrs S,

How are you? Great to hear from you! Hope you enjoyed your holidays. When do schools in Tasmania start back?

We haven’t got any computers in our classroom yet, so it is a bit tricky to reply at school. So, on behalf of 5/6JC, the answers to your questions are:
      We have a nice big oak tree which gives a lot of shade to play in. The sandpit and some other play equipment are under it and are popular spots to play. Lunch is an hour and recess is half an hour. At the moment there is a roster for the new play equipment because it is so popular. We get to play on it twice a week.

What is your school’s playground like? Is there a favourite piece of equipment to play on?

Looking forward to blogging and working on some projects with you and your classes!

Miss Crowther

• Hi Miss Crowther and class
        School for my students starts on Tuesday the 6th of February.

Hope you are going to end up with some computers in your classroom.

It will be a little while before we get back into the swing of commenting on blogs but I hope direct some of my class back here to answer your questions about our playground.

Looking forward to working on class projects as well.

Mrs S

2. Dear Miss Crowther,

I love the look of the new play centre at the school. It looks very fun and I am sure the kids will be surprised. They will probably want to play on it all the time. I love the fact that you got it from the company thet made the McDonald’s play centres. The helicopter looks so fun to play in! How do you think the kids will react?

Please write back!

Lauren
    Techie Kids

• Hi Lauren,

Thank you for visiting and commenting on our blog!

The play centre has been very popular! We had to use a roster for the first couple of weeks so that we didn’t have the whole school on there at once. I even had a turn last week to see what all the fuss was about. The slide is very quick and you have to make sure it is all clear before you start your turn. I haven’t been into the helicopter yet. Maybe that’s next?! What play equipment fo you have at your school?

Miss Crowther 🙂